Terms & Conditions of Race Participation
In consideration of accepting this entry and allowing you to participate in the 24 Hour Race (in Hong Kong, Singapore, or Kuala Lumpur), you agree to the terms and conditions set out below:
- You understand and agree that while the organizers of The 24 Hour Race (the “Event Organizers”) have taken every reasonable measure to ensure the safety of all participants, there are hazards and dangers inherent in any competitive sporting event. As a participant in The 24 Hour Race, you are responsible for your own safety and enter this event at your own risk.
- You understand and agree that The 24 Hong Kong will cover the race with public liability only. Participants should be responsible for their own personal accident insurance.
- You have read and understand the safety message in conjunction with your waiver and declaration and agree adhere to each of the safety guidelines of the event.
- You understand and agree that The 24 Hour Race attracts a significant number of spectators. Public safety must be at the forefront of your mind at all times. You agree to follow the directions of the Event Organizers and/or the representatives of The 24 Hour Race (including the race committee, race officials, race marshals, race volunteers and security) (the “Representatives”).
- At all times, you will obey the instructions of the Event Organizers and the Representatives. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the 24 Hour Race. The Event Organizers reserves their right in their discretion to reject or cancel your entry.
- The Race Booklet contains other information and instructions which are applicable to The 24 Hour Race. The Race Booklet will be emailed to Team Leaders and it is their responsibility to distribute it to runners. Copies of the Race Booklet is also available on request.
- You understand and agree that as a runner, you will be expected to exercise self-discipline, to show courtesy and consideration to staff, fellow students and members of the public.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol and the consumption of drugs for non-medical uses are expressly forbidden. Any runner/marshal caught abusing/ consuming cigarettes, alcohol and/or illegal drugs will be immediately removed from the race.
Declaration & Waiver
- I, as a runner, agree to assume full responsibility for all personal possessions and equipment during The 24 Hour Race.
- I agree to abide by the rules set by The 24 Hour Race and instructions given by the Event Organizers and/or the Representatives during the Race.
- I understand and agree that The 24 Hour Race and its related entities, representatives, contractors, agents, officers, committee members, employees and sponsors (“Representatives”) accept no liability for any death, injury or loss to race team members, supporters or members of the public, nor liability for any damage to personal property of race team members, supporters or members of the public arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Race (including during race practice). Each team member accepts full responsibility for any injury or accident or loss incurred or caused by such team member or damage to property that may arise directly or indirectly in connection with the Race (including during race practice).
- I waive, release and discharge The 24 Hour Race, the Event Organizer and/or the Representatives from any and all claims, causes of action, and/or liability arising from any injury, loss or damage, howsoever caused, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, including but not limited to any personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in The 24 Hour Race.
- I acknowledge that participating in The 24 Hour Race includes hazards and danger and I acknowledge and agree that I participate in this event at my own volition and at my own risk.
- I declare that each team member and I am physically fit, have no physical or mental disability or health problem, whether temporary or permanent, which could affect our ability to participate safely in the Race.
- I declare that each team member and I are not and will not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and have not and will not consume any medication, prescription or otherwise, which may reduce our ability to participate safely in the Race.
- I declare that team member and I have sufficient experience and physical capability to participate in the Race.
- I hereby irrevocably authorizes The 24 Hour Race, the Event Organizer and the Representatives to use all photos and promotional material connected with the 24 Hour Race for promotional purposes.
- I understand and agree that, whilst the staff/parents in charge of the members of the group will take all reasonable care for their health and safety, they cannot be held responsible, for any injury, illness, damage or loss suffered by me during or arising out of the race. The staff/parents are merely there to provide pastoral care and to ensure--but cannot guarantee--that each runner will adhere to the rules and regulations set by the 24 Hour Race and by their respective school.
Personal Information Collection Statement
The Event Organisers and Running To Stop The Traffik Limited collects and uses your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Your personal data is collected by The Event Organisers for the purposes of:
- Processing, administering and communicating with you regarding your enrollment and participation in the The 24 Hour Race 2016;
- conducting research and generating statistics to enhance Running To Stop the Traffik’s services and activities;
- communicating with you in response to any queries or complaints submitted by you or in relation to your donations or application to an event, programme, volunteering or employment opportunity;
- informing you (subject to your consent) of campaigns, activities and fundraising appeals relating to 24 Hour Race worldwide programmes of anti human trafficking campaigns;
- informing you (subject to your consent) of products and services provided by Running To Stop The Traffik's service providers;
- complying with applicable laws or regulations.
Transfer and Disclosure
The Event Organisers or Running To Stop The Traffik shall only transfer and disclose your personal data to service providers (within or outside Hong Kong) of Running To Stop The Traffik to enable them to send to you (subject to your consent) marketing materials described in paragraph 4 above solely on behalf of Running To Stop The Traffik, and to provide back-end, administrative, communication, or IT services to Running To Stop The Traffik (including but not limited to payment gateways for credit card processing, research companies for donor satisfaction surveys, and agents to make promotional and pledge donation calls on behalf of Running To Stop The Traffik).
You must provide the information marked with an asterisk on the registration form (*). If you do not provide this information to us, then we may not be able to process or administer your donations or applications.
Access and Correction of Data
You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data held by Running To Stop The Traffik. If you wish to access or correct your personal data, then please contact our staff,. Paul Balluff at email@example.com, +852 3757 9639.
Running To Stop The Traffik cannot use your personal data without your prior consent for the purposes of providing you with marketing materials. By signing this document, you indicate your agreement to the use of your name and contact information for direct marketing purposes in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5 above, unless you have ticked one of the boxes below indicating that you object to such use.