Applications to be a Director for 2017 are now closed. However, you can still be involved. If you'd like to apply as a volunteer, visit this link
be at the forefront of the 24 Hour Race mission
to challenge Our Generation to lead global action against slavery through the 24 Hour Race Movement
Lead ADVOCACY and raise funds to fight against the greatest challenge of our generation
Be part of the 24 Hour Race and take a fresh, unique approach to a historic issue
connect with committed young entrepreneurs around the world to lead global action against slavery
- Lead your team to set strategies, goals and execute
- Manage the event budget to ensure a zero cost event
- Collaborate with leaders at HQ and other cities to share resources and create an international youth movement to end slavery
Advocacy & Impact Director
Engage the public in the movement and devise strategies to fundraise and advocate for 24 Hour Race efforts
Communicate to donors, volunteers and supporters the impact they are making for the cause
Business Development Director
- Plan, prospect and engage corporates and sponsors through event partnerships
- Work across borders to create cross-city sponsorship opportunities for partners to engage in the movement
Events & Logistics Director
- Work with Event Partners to create a bulletproof rundown of the most awesome event ever
- Come up with creative ways to entertain the youth audience on event day while ensuring that the serious message of the cause is conveyed
Marketing & Public Relations Director
- Devise digital and physical marketing strategies, and running advocacy campaigns
- Engage the press and local ministries in the movement, so that the voices of all the young people participating in 24 Hour Race events can be amplified
24 Hour Race is REVOLUTIONISING the Director's programme.
24 Hour Race is introducing the Y-combinator, the "Harvard" for startups, to social entrepreneurship. Y-combinator equips entrepreneurs with the skills to grow their businesses into multi-billion dollar, world-defining organisations including Airbnb, DropBox, Twitch and Stripe.
Our program, 24PIONEER, has a simple goal: to give every participant the skills to build global enterprises, from scratch. Our 12-week syllabus will give you:
- Online lectures from some of the greatest entrepreneurs alive today
- A monthly "hackathon" to solve a key issue directors face in organising the 24 Hour Race
- An official diploma that will be recognised by universities already familiar with our work
The 24 Hour Race has proven that too often we underestimate the grit and determination of young people to make a difference. We all know that school doesn't necessarily provide the skills you need to start your own business - and we want to fill that gap.
Apply now to be part of 24PIONEER.
Director of Events & Logistics, HK (2015)
Organising such a large scale race, I've learnt skills that I will use for a lifetime.
Director of Health & Safety, HK (2014)
I remember at 9am, 24 hours after the event began, I forgot all about the stress of the previous months, and it was the greatest feeling of success I have ever felt.
Director of Finance & Sponsorship, HK (2014)
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
At first I wasn't really convinced that we could pull off such an ambitious, exciting event but we persisted and I learned that I was capable of much more than I thought.
Executive Director, KL (2015)
It was that sense of urgency, the need to produce something great that gave me energy to continue.
22 Aug: Director application deadline
22 Aug - 5 Sep: Interviews
Sep: Team confirmed, planning, training. Get started
Oct- Nov: Build the race!
Dec: 24 Hour Races in HK, KL & SG
How does being a Director fit into my high school curriculum?
Being a Director will equip you with more than 300 hours of innovative volunteering experience, adding a unique page to your final 2 years of high school. Apart from the entrepreneurship skills you will learn from our Playbook, working with HQ and on-the-job, this will no doubt be an experience that will define you in the future.
What is the application process like?
The application form is straight forward, and will be followed by either a one-to-one interview with HQ, or an on-site group interview. Get a feel for what kind of leader we are looking for by exploring the content on this website, and then just be yourself.
Will I have enough time to be a director?
We'll be honest - the job of a Student Director, working with co-directors to independently organise such an epic event, is never going to be easy. Being a Student Director requires commitment, drive, and a strong sense of responsibility. But this is the test we are giving you. 24 Hour Race will support Student Directors the whole way through the process and in the end, you will emerge as an alumnus of the 24 Hour Race - a resourceful, forward-thinking individual well-equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world.